Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh My...

See this adorable face? This is my precious Ali Carrie. She is our furry child and is 4 1/2 years old.

Ali loves to sleep under our bed, play tug of war with her sock, and eat treats.

Anyone who has ever met Ali Carrie will agree she is very very sweet and adorable.

I love her very much.





This is a silly picture of Ali Carrie, taken one afternoon during one of her snoozes on the couch. How could you not love a face like this?

I chuckle every time I see this picture of her.

Today, I was petting my little AC and giving a good rub when I felt something... strange...





THIS IS WHAT I FOUND!

I called the vet and took her in for an emergency visit. At first, they told me it was probably just a "wolf fly" larva, imbedded in her skin.

Turns out, it is just a subcutaneous cyst that has errupted. Dr. A. said that they basically treated it like a big pimple, squeezed it out, and follow up will be a 10 day treatment of antibiotics. He also said that there is a small chance that it could re-occur. Let's hope it doesn't!

I begged them to give her a good haircut before pick up time in hopes that she will not be so hot for the remainder of the summer and to help me spot these troubling, and disgusting disturbances.

All is well though. Can't wait till be get her home, back under our bed where she loves to be!

6 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

Mollie (Mole-Lee) used to get those too, but they were under the skin and never "popped". Poor Ali Carrie. Hope she wasn't in any pain.

luke said...

DUDE. dude.

i'm really happy she ultimately was fine, but that made my stomach turn, and it takes a whole bunch to do that to me!

Laura Mielke said...

@MT I don't think it hurt... if anything I think it would have felt relieving to have it finally come out!

@Luke I KNOW, RIGHT!?!? I am never squeamish especially when it comes to my own children but THIS was a real shock for me and did have me a little queasy until I knew it wasn't something.... alive, burrowed down in there... THAT creeps me out. I can handle an infection and pus discharge... but the idea of bugs living and gestating under healthy skin is just WRONG.

Laura said...

OH MY is right! ali carrie!! so glad she is on the up and up. i know that must have given you a scare...and the CREEPERS!

maughry said...

i've had a special place in my heart for Ali Carrie ever since (1) she was named, at least in part, for one of the best television shows of all time and history and (2) my misunderstood and well-meaning dachshund repeatedly tried to kill her.

I'm very very glad to hear that she's okay. I don't always say this about dogs - my two dogs can be really sweet but also other things -- but Ali Carrie really is so very sweet all the time. Such a precious animal.

The Howell's said...

Ewww! Glad she's ok!