Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Weekend

We had such a great fun filled weekend.

Friday night we visited with some friends and about 12 other couples for "Weird Beer Night." The object of the game was in the name of the game. We sampled 10 unusual beers that couples brought and gave them scores based on a few factors. There were also delicious cheeses, crackers, and taco soup. I stayed up a little later than I normally do but it was really fun. I even ended the night by singing lead to "21 Guns" and "Dirty Little Secret" during Rockband.

Saturday we pretty remained as lazy bones around the house. We watched "Sunshine Cleaners" and ate leftovers until 2 in the afternoon when we decided it was time to get up and do something. So we all bundled up and drove to see our friends the Spiveys in Wetumpka. You know there are those afternoons that you just feel like driving outside of the city? Their home and land surrounding is beautiful and it was nice to see their sweet baby. Saturday night we watched, well started, the movie State of Play. So far it is really suspenseful but around 10:30 we had a crying baby who needed some extra attention and a breathing treatment before really going night night. By 11 it was just time to "get in it" as we call going to bed at our house.

Then this morning, my suspicions became real concern. These babies might have pink eye. I don't know yet if it is viral or allergic but they both are a little swollen and have the yuckies after they sleep. Once I clean them up it isn't that gross and they aren't complaining or rubbing their eyes. So maybe it isn't pink eye? I really don't know. I do know that to take them to the church nursery would not be kewl. So here were are this morning, playing in their warm nursery, with blocks, and books, and plush animals. Their favorite toy these days is the Noah's Arc and pairs of animals they got for Christmas. I love that every animal says, "RAAAAAAAAAARRRR" according to Lily. Lions, bears, tigers, rabbits, birds, and butterflies. I love that when Harper is ready for her nap she throws down whatever she is playing with and sprawls herself on the floor and start sucking her thumb and humming, "hmmmmmm. hmmmmmm" like "come on mama, you see me soothin' myself, now put in my crib!"

The rest of the day I will be doing chores and hoping to have some time to curl up and finish "The Lovely Bones." Also, I have a recipe to try for some home made soup. I'll give it a go and post the recipe if it is any good.

Happy Sunday all! Can you believe we are almost half way through January?

No comments: